[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(usagi-users 00015) Re: first experiences
- To: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: (usagi-users 00015) Re: first experiences
- From: Yuji Sekiya <sekiya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 19:47:28 +0900
- In-reply-to: In your message of "07 Nov 2000 11:39:38 +0100" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: USAGI Project
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Wanderlust/1.1.1 (Purple Rain) EMIKO/1.13.12 (Euglena sociabilis) CLIME/1.13.6 (中ノ庄) APEL/10.2 MULE XEmacs/21.1 (patch 9) (Canyonlands) (i686-pc-linux)
At 07 Nov 2000 11:39:38 +0100,
Alexandru Petrescu <petrescu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> First of all congratulations for the starting effort, there's indeed
> room for improvement in the linux ipv6 stack.
> -I can no longer compile ipv6 as a module, make bzImage is stuck with
> symbols from ipv6/net/utils.c (in6_ntop I think.)
Currently we don't recommend to compile IPv6 as a module.
Because an existing IPv6 stack is not designed to unload safety.
We have a will to rewrite the IPv6 stack to be unloaded but unsure
when we can do it.
> -How does the USAGI license fit in the GPL framework? Are you going
> to GPL usagi or plan to keep USAGI always as a patch?
We would like to merge our patches into main tranks in the future.
Thanks for your comment.
-- Yuji Sekiya