(usagi-users 00015) Re: first experiences

At 07 Nov 2000 11:39:38 +0100,
Alexandru Petrescu <petrescu@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> First of all congratulations for the starting effort, there's indeed
> room for improvement in the linux ipv6 stack.

Thanks.

> -I can no longer compile ipv6 as a module, make bzImage is stuck with
>  symbols from ipv6/net/utils.c (in6_ntop I think.)

Currently we don't recommend to compile IPv6 as a module.
Because an existing IPv6 stack is not designed to unload safety.
We have a will to rewrite the IPv6 stack to be unloaded but unsure
when we can do it.

> -How does the USAGI license fit in the GPL framework?  Are you going
>  to GPL usagi or plan to keep USAGI always as a patch?

We would like to merge our patches into main tranks in the future.

Thanks for your comment.

-- Yuji Sekiya