(usagi-users 00023) Re: (usagi-core 00227) Re: [ANN] 1st release of USAGI IPv6 environment

Yuji Sekiya previously wrote:
> At Mon, 6 Nov 2000 23:02:23 +0200 (EET),

Thanks for advertising us, Aki :)

> > > That's great. If possoble, would you implement your MobileIPv6 on our
> > > stack or cooperate with us ?
> >
> > There's a small misunderstanding. University of Helsinki and Helsinki
> > University of Technology are two separate entities although of course
> > quite close. So it's not actually us implementing Mobile IPv6. You might
> > want to contact them directly.
>
> Oh, I got it. Thanks.

This is really confusing, I know. I've had to explain this quite a
many times that HUT and Univ. Helsinki are two different universities.

> We will try to contact them.

No need, we're already here!-) I was planning to contact you about your
plans about Mobile IPv6.  We've been working on a MIPv6 implementation
quite a while and it's behaving quite nicely now.  I'm sure that some
sort of cooperation would be beneficial.  And though our project is
industry funded, our code is GPL'd so no problem there.

We are currently aiming for full draft 12 compliance, but will switch
to draft 13 as soon as it comes out (Charles Perkins said he's trying
to get it out still this week).  We were at the ETSI IPv6 Bake-off and
got really encouraging results with interoperability and conformance
testing.

We are also cooperating with Gerhard Gessler (doing IPv6 support for
FreeS/WAN) on the IPSec side.

So if you are interested, have questions or anything else mail me
Antti Tuominen (ajtuomin@xxxxxxxxxx) or Henrik Petander
(lpetande@xxxxxxxxxx). And BTW, our official URL is
http://www.mipl.mediapoli.com/.

Oh almost forgot to mention, you're doing a great job. Keep up the
good work!

Regards,

Antti

--
Antti J. Tuominen, JMT 3A 131, FIN-02150 Espoo, Finland.
Research assistant, TSE Institute at Helsinki University of Technology