[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(usagi-users 00082) Re: [project6] glibc 2.2 + usagi snap patch
- To: project6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: (usagi-users 00082) Re: [project6] glibc 2.2 + usagi snap patch
- From: Mauro Tortonesi <mauro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 12:06:47 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20010121003733.B12706@sverresborg.uninett.no>
- Reply-to: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Stig Venaas wrote:
> Seems pretty safe to compile and install glibc 2.2 yourself, at least
> I've several times upgraded glibc (also 2.2) by just doing
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> make install
> Of course things might go seriously wrong,
it is a thought that has stroken me for several times ;-)
> but for me personally this has always been fine (except for some
> betas). I installed glibc 2.2.1 on a RedHat 7.0 the other day by doing
> this. Of course RH7 is using a 2.2 beta, so that's pretty safe.
i wouldn't like to install RH7 on my machine. it's the buggyest distro
ever since slackware 0.99. ;-)
> I'm getting more and more disgusted with existing distributions. I'm
> sure there are some good ones out there, but I'm now practically
> doing my own.
that's my opinion too.
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...
Mauro Tortonesi mauro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ferrara Linux User Group http://www.ferrara.linux.it
Project6 - IPv6 for Linux http://project6.ferrara.linux.it