(usagi-users 03902) Re: Binding Update Failure

Hi Ryan,

On 2007/07/19, at 5:53, Ryan Measel wrote:
I am still having issues with the mobile node not being able to bind
to the home agent.  It knows that it moves into a foreign network, but
it then throws an error that "blackhole is already set."  And, no

Do not pay attention to this message, this is juste a debug message that ii IMHO not the cause of your problem.

binding update will be sent.  I have posted the debug from the mobile
node and the config file for the mobile node below.

Ok, see my comment inline below.

Also, how does everyone else setup their testbed, i.e., what type of
hardware do use for routers and the home agent?

Personnally, I use some usual desktop PCs for the HA, MR, Access Routers.

Mobile Node Debug Output
=====================
[snip]
Wed Jul 18 23:32:38 mn_move: 1578
Wed Jul 18 23:32:38 mn_move: in foreign net
[snip]
Wed Jul 18 23:32:39 mn_move: 1578
Wed Jul 18 23:32:39 mn_move: in home net
[snip]
Wed Jul 18 23:32:44 mn_move: 1578
Wed Jul 18 23:32:44 mn_move: in foreign net
[snip]
Wed Jul 18 23:32:45 mn_move: 1578
Wed Jul 18 23:32:45 mn_move: in home net
[etc...]

Looks like your MN moves to the Home Network right after (1 sec.) finding a foreign network. I think it does not send any BU because it does not have the time to send one :-)

How do you performs handovers? Are your APs configuration OK (different channel and ESSID, etc.)?

Cheers,
romain