(usagi-users 03917) Re: Binding Update Failure

Hi Ryan,

On 2007/07/24, at 18:34, Ryan Measel wrote:
The networks are physically separated from each other with the
exception of a small overlap area.  The MN moves past this overlap
into the foreign network and loses contact with the HA and its home
(current) AP.  Within the mip6d session, the router will expire and
the MN will begin sending out router solicitations even though the
foreign router is transmitting router advertisements at the time.  It
is only after I force the move into the foreign network that the MN
then receives a router advertisement and then successfully binds a CoA
for the foreign network.

This is why I am thoroughly confused by the situation, because it will
not do it automatically.

So it looks like the handover does not occur properly at the layer 2. Your Wifi card does not seem to bind to another AP by itself. I'd say this is not related to mip6d, and you should first check why your wifi card does not perform L2 handovers correctly: check your driver's documentation, maybe you'll find something about that (eg. maybe you should configure your interface using essid "any").

Cheers,
--
Romain KUNTZ
kuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx