(usagi-users 03948) New version of fmipv6.org

Hello everybody,

I'm a french student from the Network and Research Team of Louis Pasteur
University Strasbourg (France), and I work on a FMIPv6 extension.

I'm glad to announce that a new version of fmipv6.org working with UMIP-0.4 has
been released.

fmipv6.org is a GNU/Linux implementation of the FMIPv6 protocol which stands for
"Fast handovers for Mobile IPv6". This protocol aims to reduce handover latency
while moving from one IPv6 network to another. It has been lately accepted as
the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standard for managing seamless
mobility (see RFC 4068 [1]).

Previous versions of fmipv6.org works in parallel with MIPL2 (for the mobile
node part). I fix some issues on the standard version of fmipv6.org and ported
it to work with UMIP-0.4

You can retrieve the source code and all documentations related to fmipv6.org on
the project website [3].

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc4068.html
[2] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3775.html
[3] http://www.fmipv6.org/--
Sebastien Vincent
Network Research Team - Louis Pasteur University (France)