(usagi-users 03951) Re: Differences between USAGI and MIPv6

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 12:40:34AM +0200, Arnaud Ebalard wrote:
> Hi Antti, Hi *,

Hi Arnaud, all,

> Antti Tuominen <anttit@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > HA, so you can compile it either as a mip6d or separate cn6d, mn6d,
> > and ha6d.  This was done to support devices that can't hold the whole
> > thing and want to support just one (or two, since CN is included in
> > all).
>
> What's the difference regarding the size of resulting binaries?

I don't have any numbers at hand right now, but the reduction was
substantial.

> ok. Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the misunderstanding. I

No need to apologise.  It's my own fault I haven't communicated what
is going on.

> might be wrong, but there are many people pushing patches at the moment
> (people from usagi, patches for fmipv6, patches from sebastien, some
> patches i have in the pipe). It might be a good idea to federate that
> work.

First off, I want to incorporate the UMIP changes so we have
everything working on a current kernel.  After that, I'll redo the
entity split.  Then, we should be ready for any other patches.  The
RFC4283/4285 stuff is relatively independent in the code, so I can
just drop it in, when it is convenient.

Regards,

Antti