(usagi-users 04002) Re: how to supress RA on linux

Thanks Pramendra

On Nov 23, 2007 5:27 AM, Pramendra Singh <pramendrasingh_it@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Anjali!

I think once you have set accept_ra flag to '0' your
machine will not accept the SA in RA as gateway...

Pls check the function ndisc_router_discovery() in
file net/ipv6/ndisc.c. it will simply return without
doing much...if u have set in6_dev->cnf.accept_ra ==
0.

I feel that the entry may be old thr. You pls try once
after rebooting your machine...

and even if you you have not set accept_ra flag to '0'
and you are setting some default route then its hardly
matters whether the machine is getting any new gateway
address or not..it will be only added to the default
gateway list but your's static gateway will be used
for comm.

one more point, you can add statice route with ip
command.

"ip route add ...." check man pages for details

one more point..but the important one..my name is not
Parminder..its Pramendra :)

Regards
Pramendra

--- Anjali Gajendragadkar <anjali1004@xxxxxxxxx >