(usagi-users 04041) Re: Source Specific Multicasting:(SSM) in USAGI project

In article <dac45060804220446m14b07e30sefcbef0ad2e61a7b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (at Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:46:32 +0300), "Mark Ryden" <markryde@xxxxxxxxx> says:

> first impression is that in the kernel there **is** support for
> Source Specific Multicasting (SSM) whereas in mcast-tools (I talk about
> the usagi git tree) there is **no** support yet for Source Specific
> Multicasting
> (SSM). For example, I see MCAST_JOIN_SOURCE_GROUP/MCAST_LEAVE_SOURCE_GROUP
> are handled in do_ipv6_setsockopt() (net/ipv6/ipv6_sockglue.c)
> Yet I did not found support for SSM in mcast-tools.
> As I said, I am a newbie on these matters, so I just want to verify:
> Am I right on this ?

Even if you cannot find those sockopts in mcast-tools,
they are handled via MLDv2 messages (MLDv2 report).

--yoshfuji