[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(usagi-users 04058) Re: ping6 is sent out from wrong interface
- To: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: (usagi-users 04058) Re: ping6 is sent out from wrong interface
- From: Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:12:09 +0200
- In-reply-to: <4861ED72.6080100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <4861ED72.6080100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.17+20080114 (2008-01-14)
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 04:02:10PM +0900, Naohiro Ooiwa wrote:
> I'm not convinced yet.
> I don't think it's correct that kernel or ping6 arbitrarily decides outgoing interface.
> Is this really an expected behaviour?
> Could you explain to me the reason of it, too?
> I think the behavior should be similar to IPv4.
> The following is my image. ipv6_dev_find() is an imaginary function, which
> finds the interface with a given source address.
RFC 3484 specify mechanisms for source address selection.