[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(usagi-users 04061) Re: ping6 is sent out from wrong interface
- To: "Naohiro Ooiwa" <nooiwa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: (usagi-users 04061) Re: ping6 is sent out from wrong interface
- From: "Fey Marcus" <Fey@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:26:06 +0200
- Cc: <usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 <yoshfuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Importance: normal
- In-reply-to: <48621B7E.5090600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Priority: normal
- References: <4861ED72.6080100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <69A5E767EC979846826F566C7932A3F207233B5F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <48621B7E.5090600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcjWsXRcID+OphEXQtW8qrnLKLgjsQABDaGw
- Thread-topic: (usagi-users 04056) Re: ping6 is sent out from wrong interface
>Thank you for your quick reply.
>> It's due to routing.
>For the reason of selecting 'eth0', I agree.
>But, I think the device is specified before looking up the
>routing table in this case.
Well, ping's man page reads:
-I interface address
Set source address to specified interface address. Argument
may be numeric IP address or name of device. When pinging
IPv6 link-local address this option is required.
So you only set the address, not the interface to be used for sending.
>> ...with eth0 being preferred over eth1 for multicast packets.
>> You could add a dedicated route for ff02::/16 to make the
>kernel output the packet via eth1.
>This works when using only "eth1" for multicasts.
>When multiple I/Fs are connected to separate networks, this
>scheme requires changing the route every time a user need to
>send ping to different network.
Ok, my proposition was a bit too general. It would probably be better to set up routes for the exact addresses. So in your case to ff02::1.
Of course, if you wish to send the same packet via several interfaces within a short time, this would still result in adding and deleting the routes over and over again.
>I think kernel can solve this problem better.
I don't think this would be intended....
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ottobrunn, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB 5499
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rudolf F. Schwarz
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: General a. D. Wolfgang Altenburg