(usagi-users 04066) Shim6 implementation in the Linux kernel available (new major release)

Hi,

Since some of you may be interested in the evolution of IPv6-related implementations, I announce here the new release (0.8) of LinShim6.

LinShim6 is a multihoming protocol for IPv6, that brings the ability to end-hosts to control the path they use, provided that several paths are available.

LinShim6 is implemented as a kernel patch and a userland daemon. It is integrated into the XFRM framework, which has been extended to support a new sublayer (shim6). The XFRM integration of LinShim6 has been inspired by the Mobile IPv6 implementations, since it already makes use of XFRM. We also benefitted from advices by several members of the USAGI team (Shinta Sugimoto, Masahide Nakamura, Yasuyuki Kosakai), thanks again to them !

You will find the LinShim6 0.8 release, as well as papers, general information, and documentation at http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be Or if you want to directly download the code, the LinShim6 main page is here : http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/LinShim6

Feel free to contact us if you want additional informations, or want to give feedback.

best regards,

Sébastien Barré.

--
Sébastien Barré