[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(usagi-users 04072) DHAAD error?
- To: USAGI ML <usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: (usagi-users 04072) DHAAD error?
- From: Max Laier <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:38:17 +0200
- Organization: FreeBSD
- Reply-to: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 10:04:39 +0900
- Resent-from: nakam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <200808021004.FMLAAB4464.usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Resent-to: usagi-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (moderated)
- User-agent: KMail/1.9.52 (FreeBSD/8.0-CURRENT; KDE/4.0.83; i386; ; )
I came across the following problem with DHAAD:
If I don't specify a HomeAgentAddress in my mip6d.conf on the MN and thus
force DHAAD use the MN will issue a DHAAD request and the HA will answer, but
it will answer with the router address (i.e. $Homeprefix::) instead of the
actual address it is configured to. The MN sends BU to that address, but the
HA doesn't seem to react to them.
If I configure the actual HomeAgentAddress, everything works as expected.
My question: Is there something wrong with my setup or is it okay to provide
the router address in the DHAAD? If so, why doesn't the HA not respond?
/"\ Best regards, | mlaier@xxxxxxxxxxx
\ / Max Laier | ICQ #67774661
X http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/ | mlaier@EFnet
/ \ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Against HTML Mail and News