(usagi-users 04086) Re: mip6d portability issues

Hi Jozsef,

On 2008/11/15, at 17:11, Jozsef Kovacs wrote:
I simply replaced the sizeof part to a predefined size. It's ugly, but I didn't want to modify the headers as they are part of *libc and not mip6d. None of the structs in netinet/* are packed. I think the correct fix would be to stop checking data taken from the network against struct sizes assuming they will have the correct size.

We unfortunately can't assume they would have the correct size as forged packet could be used by malicious people against mip6d.

Regards,
romain